- Ava gives the deaf and hard-of-hearing a more present voice in group conversations
- Ava is aiming to bring deaf and hard-of-hearing people back into group conversations with their threaded speech-to-text application that gives people with hearing issues an easy way to stay on top of a conversation.
- Apple's stresses accessibility with new site
- Apple cares so much about accessibility that CEO Tim Cook started the company's new-product event Thursday with a video about it. "Technology should be accessible to everyone," Cook said. Along with introducing a new line of MacBook Pros on Thursday, Apple also unveiled its new accessibility website that focuses more on how people with special needs are using Apple's technology instead of highlighting just the features themselves.
- Brain Therapy Triggers Recovery From Spinal Cord Injury
- Scientists and engineers led by Duke University neuroscientist Miguel A. Nicolelis report that a group of spinal-cord-injury patients who trained to walk using a brain computer interface (BCI) in combination with an Occulus Rift virtual reality device and with a robotic exoskeleton have regained the ability to voluntarily move their leg muscles and to feel touch and pain in their paralyzed limbs.
Stories by Date
There are currently no stories.