Gov. Paul LePage is calling for a fundamental change in the way Maine treats individuals that have been found not guilty of a crime because of mental disease. Instead of having a judge determine where the person should be housed, that decision could be made by the commissioner of health and human services.
- Report: Inclusion On Rise In Nation's Schools
- Alpha One Seeks Youth Peer Counselor/Mentor
- Workshop aims to dispel stereotypes around disabilities
- Bucksport Effort Seeks to Help Older Residents 'Thrive in Place'
- Scientists create the first ever autistic monkeys
- Lego unveils first ever minifigure in wheelchair
- Graduation Rates Lagging For Students With Disabilities
- Children's Books Honored For Portraying Disability Experience