New Audio Note Taking App May Benefit Blind Users
Here is an interesting app that could be very useful to our blind & visually impaired readers. The app is called AudioNote: it costs $4.99 but if it does what it says, it could be worth every cent.
Gizmodo says "AudioNote has one trick, and it's a doozy. Aside from functioning as a basic note-taking app, AudioNote can make sound recordings at the same time, and keep them synchronized, note by note, with the text. You can, in effect, relive a lecture or a meeting through sound and notes."
A fully functional note application, AudioNote also increases the value of your notes. Watch as your text, drawings, and photos highlight during playback, helping you to remember the context in which they were taken.
With the convenience of the iPad or iPhone, you can use AudioNote anywhere: meetings, interviews, conferences, lectures, study sessions. Even use it to record memos to yourself as you jot down new ideas. Join the thousands of students, teachers, business executives, and other professionals who have already discovered what an indispensable tool AudioNote can be. Download it today!
- Synchronized note and audio recording
- Seek directly to audio by tapping notes
- Highlighted notes during playback
- Insert text, drawing, photo, & highlighter notes
- Audio amplifier for recordings made in larger conference rooms
- Import and take notes directly on PDF documents (iPad only)
- Share with iCloud, Dropbox, over WiFi, or through iTunes
- Desktop support: view your .audionote files on Mac or PC
(see our website for more info)